Potato Leek Fondue Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks, white part only, clean and sliced, reserve green parts for stuffed mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white potatoes, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the soup, light cream, chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Puree with a hand blender or in a blender, working in batches. (Soup can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 days at this point.) Seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot garnished with chopped chives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Peas and Potato Soup with Tarragon Pesto, Yukon Gold Potato Soup with Chive Oil, Beet Reduction and Sweet Garlic Confit Croutons, Potato Soup with Smoked Salmon Relish, Easy Chicken, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Scalloped Potato Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Potato Soup Recipes