Quick Carrot Salad
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid combine the vinegar, sugar and salt. Screw on lid and shake vigorously until the salt and sugar has dissolved. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and shake vigorously until emulsified. Dressing will last up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
In a medium serving bowl, combine the carrots, onion, and dressing; toss to coat. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Aarti Sequeira