Round 2 Recipe: Cajun Dirty Rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked leftover white rice, from Blackened Catfish recipe
- 1 leftover Blackened Catfish fillet, flaked with a fork
- 1 cup leftover Trinity Sauteed Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes, and let it infuse in the oil for 15 to 20 seconds. Add the leftover white rice, flaked catfish fillet, sauteed vegetables, Cajun seasoning, and the kidney beans. Stir to combine and cook until the mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.