Round 2 Recipe - Pork Cabbage Wraps
- 4 reserved cabbage leaves from Thai Chicken Wraps recipe
- 1 cup leftover vegetables from Thai Chicken Wraps recipe
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pork chop leftover from Smothered Pork Chops recipe, chopped into bite-size pieces
Make a "V" cut in the bottom of each cabbage to remove the tough part of the stem. In a large pot of salted boiling water over medium-high heat, add the cabbage leaves and blanch for 30 seconds. Remove from the pot to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
Put the vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
In another bowl whisk together the garlic ginger, white vinegar, soy sauce and oil. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat completely. Dice the pork chop into bite-size pieces, add to the vegetables and toss to combine.
Remove the cabbage leave from ice bath and pat dry. Put a quarter of the filling onto the lower third of 1 of the cabbage leaves. Roll the leaf half way so that it covers the filling. Fold the sides toward the center of the leaf and finish rolling it up from the bottom.
Repeat with the remaining cabbage and filling. Arrange on serving dishes and serve.