Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (1.2-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- Cooked rice, for serving
In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve Salisbury Steaks and Mushroom Gravy over hot cooked rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee