Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (1.2-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- Cooked rice, for serving
In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/4 can mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Mix thoroughly and shape into 4 oval patties.
Heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides and transfer to a plate.
Return patties to skillet and spoon gravy over top. Cover pan and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve Salisbury Steaks and Mushroom Gravy over hot cooked rice.