Steak Skewers with Marinade
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ouzo
- 1/2 cup herb and garlic marinade dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- Pinch cayenne pepper, plus pinch more for garnish
- 1 -pound top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
Heat a grill, grill pan, or broiler.
Combine all ingredients except steak in a large bowl. Season steak with salt and pepper and then add to marinade. Marinate for 40 minutes. Thread steak onto skewers* and then grill or broil, turning occasionally, until cooked to desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with green onions and cayenne pepper, if desired.
*Cook's Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before threading meat.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee