Thai Chicken Wraps
- 2 cup water, plus 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pounds, about 5, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky style
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 2 cups shredded cabbage, (reserve 4 outer leaves for Round 2 Pork Cabbage Wraps recipe)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups of water and the soy sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken thighs. Simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from pan to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred meat and discard the bones. Reserve 1/4 cup for Round 2 Thai Chicken Spring Rolls recipe.
In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, garlic and red pepper flakes. Whisk in about 1/3 cup water and simmer until thick, and a pourable consistency is reached. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing for Round 2 Thai Chicken Spring Rolls recipe.
Warm the tortillas in microwave wrapped in a slightly damp towel for about 45 seconds to make them more pliable. Assemble the wraps by layering, the chicken, dressing and vegetables. Top with more dressing before rolling up. Secure with toothpicks and slice in half. Reserve 1 cup of vegetables for Round 2 Thai Chicken Spring Rolls recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray