Wild Mushroom Dip
- 2 cups white wine (recommended: Chardonnay)
- 1 -ounce package dried wild mushrooms mixed variety (recommended: Ready Pac*)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (recommended: Campbell's)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread or crostini, for serving
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white wine on HIGH for 4 minutes. Place dried mushrooms in wine and let sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Transfer mushrooms with 2/3 of a cup of the liquid to a food processor. Puree to a coarse consistency.
In a medium pot combine remaining ingredients and pureed mushrooms. Mix thoroughly and cook over medium-low heat, for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl and serve hot with crusty bread or crostini.
*Pre-packaged dried wild mushrooms are found in the produce department of your local grocery store.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray