Wild Mushroom Dip
- 2 cups white wine (recommended: Chardonnay)
- 1 -ounce package dried wild mushrooms mixed variety (recommended: Ready Pac*)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (recommended: Campbell's)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread or crostini, for serving
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white wine on HIGH for 4 minutes. Place dried mushrooms in wine and let sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Transfer mushrooms with 2/3 of a cup of the liquid to a food processor. Puree to a coarse consistency.
In a medium pot combine remaining ingredients and pureed mushrooms. Mix thoroughly and cook over medium-low heat, for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl and serve hot with crusty bread or crostini.
*Pre-packaged dried wild mushrooms are found in the produce department of your local grocery store.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay