- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 packet beefy onion soup mix (recommended: Lipton)
- 2 tablespoons ginger teriyaki marinade mix (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained, juice reserved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 whole-grain burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, for serving
Set up grill for direct cooking over high heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
Form 4 patties slightly larger than bun. Gently press pineapple rings into tops of burgers.
Season burgers with salt and pepper and place on grill pineapple side down. Cook 8 minutes per side for medium.
Mix together mayonnaise, wasabi, and soy sauce.
INDOORS: Follow instructions for preparing burgers. Preheat broiler. Place burgers pineapple side up on wire rack over foil lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat source for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium.