Shrimp Salad with Lemon Juice
- 1/2 pound jumbo gulf shrimp (boiled with shells on in large pot of salty water for 45 seconds, then chilled in cold water. When chilled remove peel)
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped against the grain.
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced into 2/3-inch cubes
- 1 large shallot, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 ripe lemons, juiced
- 1 ripe avocado diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 can mandarin oranges
Lightly toss everything except for avocado and mandarin in a large bowl, keep in refrigerator for 40 minutes. Toss avocado in before serving. Add mandarin oranges on top, to taste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.