Shrimp Salad with Lemon Juice
- 1/2 pound jumbo gulf shrimp (boiled with shells on in large pot of salty water for 45 seconds, then chilled in cold water. When chilled remove peel)
- 1/2 bunch celery, chopped against the grain.
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced into 2/3-inch cubes
- 1 large shallot, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 ripe lemons, juiced
- 1 ripe avocado diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 can mandarin oranges
Lightly toss everything except for avocado and mandarin in a large bowl, keep in refrigerator for 40 minutes. Toss avocado in before serving. Add mandarin oranges on top, to taste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.