Smoke House Short Ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 short ribs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 cup celery, thickly sliced, about 2 stalks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning salt
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can beef stock
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
Season short ribs with, salt and pepper. Sear the short ribs on all side until brown and caramelized.
In the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker place the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Then add smoked paprika, smoked ground black pepper, and all-purpose seasoning salt. Pour in wine and beef stock. Place short ribs, meat side up, on top of vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 hours.
Strain and defat the cooking liquid. Serve as sauce on the side.