- 1/2 pound string beans
- 1/4 cup sliced Spanish olives
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 2 cups cubed salami
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large bowl with a handful of ice and water. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and cook until tender but still crunchy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath to cool. Drain beans on paper towels, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
In a large serving bowl toss together beans, olives, red pepper, onion, cheese, and salami. In a separate bowl whisk in order, the red wine vinegar, sugar, oil and black pepper, to taste. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson