Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Maple Butter
- 3 sweet potatoes, each cut into 8 lengthwise wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Maple Butter, recipe follows
- Flaked sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Maple Butter:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Place the wedges in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place on the grill, cooking on all sides until cooked through, about 10 minutes total. Remove and drizzle or brush with a bit of maple butter, sprinkle with salt and parsley to finish.Maple Butter:
In a bowl, blend the butter, maple syrup and allspice together until light and smooth. Refrigerate and use as a spread or melt and drizzle over pancakes, grilled sweet potatoes or popcorn. Yield: 1/2 cup
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson, 2011