Tex-Mex Style Main Course Chicken Soup
- Half of foundation soup base
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups cooked or 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon each toasted ground cumin and chili powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt and crushed red pepper
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, optional
Bring base to a simmer, add the rice, cover and cook 10 minutes. Add the beans, toasted spices and chicken and cook, covered for 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper; add more water or stock if thick or simmer down if too thin. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice and cilantro. Garnish with sour cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.