- 1 ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces canned pineapple juice
- 2 ounces 10 percent blended olive oil, plus 2 ounces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium beet
- 2 ounces water
- 4 ounces micro-greens
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked and chilled lobster meat
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 16 orange segments
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Roast 1 whole beet with the skin on, until tender, about 1 hour. Remove the beet from the oven and let cool. Peel the skin off the beet and trim the ends. Cut the beet into quarters and puree in a blender with the remaining 2 ounces of olive oil and 2 ounces of water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put beet oil in a squirt bottle and set aside.
Toss micro-greens in some of the citrus vinaigrette and place in the center of a plate. Toss chopped lobster meat and some of the chopped chives in remaining citrus vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Place 3 ounces of the lobster meat mixture in front of the micro greens. A ramekin or circular mold may be used to form the salad. Drizzle roasted beet oil on either side of the salad. Place orange segments and remaining chives on top of the lobster meat.