- 14 ounces dried linguine
- 12 littleneck clams, steamed
- 2 ounces crushed garlic
- 6 ounces garlic butter plus extra for bread, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 lemon wedges, juiced, plus 1 wedge, for garnish
- 1/2 ciabatta bread, toasted
- 1-ounce shredded Parmesan
- Pinch minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Steam 12 littleneck clams and set aside. In a saute pan over medium heat, add crushed garlic and then add the garlic butter and wine. When butter starts to bubble, add clams and mix around until clams are coated. Add lemon juice, and toss to coat. Place pasta in a serving bowl, and top with the clam mixture.
Cut toasted bread into slices and brush with garlic butter. Garnish with Parmesan, parsley and crushed red pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge.
Melted unsalted butter
Minced fresh garlic
Crushed red pepper
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, to taste.