- 10-ounce piece wahoo
Red chile mix:
Grind all the spices in a small coffee grinder.
Press wahoo into chile mixture coating it on one side well. Sear both sides of the wahoo in a very hot skillet in a well ventilated area. Remove from the skillet and place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 6 to 10 minutes until cooked to medium stage. Then place the redskin potato salad on the middle of the plate, the wahoo on top of the salad, and the relish on top of the wahoo.
- 3/4 pound red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup toasted and crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Steam or boil potatoes until just tender. Refrigerate potatoes until cold. Whisk together mayonnaise, heavy cream, sour cram, and mustards in a mixing bowl. Then add remaining ingredients and potatoes. Refrigerate.
Mango Malibu relish:
- 1/2 fresh mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped on bias
- 1/2-ounce Malibu Rum
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red bell pepper
Mix all ingredients well.