Chocolate Pudding Frosted Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- Chocolate Pudding Frosting, recipe follows
- Chocolate Pudding Frosting:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 3.9-ounce box dry pudding mix, chocolate fudge flavor
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line two 12-cup muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda and add to the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the butter, buttermilk and eggs and beat on low until moistened. Raise the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer the pans to wire racks and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pans and spread each with frosting.Chocolate Pudding Frosting:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.