Lori's Salsa Ranchera
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 serrano peppers, de-stemmed, de-seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serving suggestions: morning eggs, tamales, beans, potatoes, tortilla chips
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a skillet, cook the bacon until done but soft, not crisp. Add the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood