Turkey Mayonnaise with Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, or small shells (3 cups cooked)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced pimento
- Boston lettuce leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallion
Boil the pasta in salted water. When done remove, drain and refresh under cold water to stop the cooking process. While pasta is cooking, make a dressing by whisking together the olive oil and vinegar and season well, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the bell pepper and pimento and toss with the elbows. Set elbows in a wreath over washed Boston lettuce.
Also make a dressing with the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard and combine with cooked turkey. Center this in middle of elbow macaroni wreath and garnish with chopped hard boiled egg and scallions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.