Angel Hair Pasta with Fried Chili Flakes, Lemon and Arugula
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper chili flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 6 cups lightly packed wild arugula (Israeli if possible)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
In a dry skillet over low heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the panko bread crumbs and toast until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Put into a bowl and set aside.
Set the skillet pan back over medium heat and add the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil, the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes to infuse the oil and cook the garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the lemon zest and remove from the heat.
In a large pot of well-salted boiling water, over medium heat, add the angel hair pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl. While still warm, toss in the arugula, the infused oil, the bread crumbs and the cheese. Using tongs gently fold everything together and transfer to a large serving bowl or platter to serve. If desired, serve with braised braciole.
Recipe courtesy Tyler Florence
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali