- 1 cup bulgur wheat (fine-medium grind)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green part, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large bunches fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Put the bulgur in a large bowl and pour in the hot water. Cover with a dish or plastic wrap and let stand for about 30 to 45 minutes to rehydrate. Drain in a strainer, pressing with the back of a wooden spoon to squeeze out as much water as possible.
In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, cucumber, parsley, and mint. Toss the salad well to incorporate the ingredients; season with cumin, salt and pepper. Add the bulgur; moisten with the lemon juice and olive oil. Fold everything together to incorporate the ingredients. The flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours. Serve at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.