Uptown Pork Chops and Apple Sauce: Roast Pork Tenderloins with Escalloped Apples
- 2 pieces, 1 package, pork tenderloins - ask the butcher to trim them up for you
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 Gala, Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Coat the tenderloins with olive oil. Combine the grill seasoning, lemon zest and thyme. Rub the spice mixture into the tenderloin and roast 25 minutes. Remove and let juices settle then slice on an angle.
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and saute apples for 12 to 15 minutes until very tender. Season with a pinch of salt and sprinkle the flour over the skillet, toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice over the skillet and sweeten with sugar.
Arrange the apples over the pork to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, Whole Wheat Pasta Mac-n-Cheddar, All-Day Roast Pork, Spicy Apple Chutney, Mashed Citrus Sweet Potatoes, Sauteed Chard, Apple and Onion-Stuffed Pork Chops with Orange-Pineapple Gravy, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Main Dish, Brined Turkey Recipes, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Burrito Recipes