- Corn Custard, recipe follows
- 1 to 2 leeks, green part only reserving the white for other uses, blanched and cut in-half lengthwise
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Roasted red peppers
- Spinach leaves
- Corn custard:
- 4 cups raw corn, cut from the cob
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 1 batch of corn custard and set aside. Dry roast all the vegetable rounds until wrinkly, but not too brown. Let cool. Meanwhile, spray 8 souffle dishes with pan coating. Line the edges of the dishes with the leeks horizontally. Arrange 3 to 4 carrot rounds on the bottom of each dish making a "flower." Follow layers in this order: zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, yellow squash, and red peppers. Place the rounds in concentric circles fully covering the previous layer.
Cover with foil and bake until the custards reach a temperature of 150 degrees F.
Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Corn custard:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Roasted Vegetable Tabbouleh with Grilled Flat Bread and Yogurt-Tahini Dressing, Vegetable Stew with Potato and Cheese Pancakes, Tempura Vegetables with Soy Sauce, Carrot Soup Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Spinach Recipes