- Corn Custard, recipe follows
- 1 to 2 leeks, green part only reserving the white for other uses, blanched and cut in-half lengthwise
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Roasted red peppers
- Spinach leaves
- Corn custard:
- 4 cups raw corn, cut from the cob
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 1 batch of corn custard and set aside. Dry roast all the vegetable rounds until wrinkly, but not too brown. Let cool. Meanwhile, spray 8 souffle dishes with pan coating. Line the edges of the dishes with the leeks horizontally. Arrange 3 to 4 carrot rounds on the bottom of each dish making a "flower." Follow layers in this order: zucchini, tomatoes, eggplant, yellow squash, and red peppers. Place the rounds in concentric circles fully covering the previous layer.
Cover with foil and bake until the custards reach a temperature of 150 degrees F.
Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Corn custard:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.