White Bean Salad
- 1/2 pound small white beans (dried)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Nicoise olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 anchovies, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
Rinse and drain beans. Bring them to a boil in 3 cups of water. Reduce heat, simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover and let sit 1 hour. Rinse beans and return to pan with 8 cups of fresh water. Simmer 20 minutes untill beans are tender, but not mushy. Drain and rinse in cold water. Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Combine beans and all other salad ingredients. Add dressing, toss and chill. Scatter olives over.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.