Photographs by Justin Walker
1. Rocky Road Bark Chop 1 pound semisweet chocolate; melt three-quarters of the chopped chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon shortening and the remaining chocolate until smooth. Spread thinly on a parchment-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with 1 cup mini marshmallows and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts. Let set; break apart.
2. Butter Pecan Toffee Combine 1 stick butter, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown (305 degrees F on a candy thermometer). Arrange 20 tea biscuits side by side on a large buttered, foil-lined baking sheet; pour the sugar mixture on top and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans. Chill until firm; break apart.
3. Chocolate-Almond Toffee Make Butter Pecan Toffee (No. 2). After pouring the sugar mixture over the biscuits, immediately sprinkle with 3 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate. Let melt, then spread. Top with toasted sliced almonds instead of pecans.
4. Matzo Toffee Make Butter Pecan Toffee (No. 2) using 3 matzo sheets instead of the biscuits. Top with flaky sea salt instead of nuts.
5. Sticky Toffee Chews Pulse 1 cup each pitted dates and broken shortbread cookies, 3/4 cup walnuts and 2 tablespoons each brown sugar and honey in a food processor until smooth. Form into 1-inch balls; flatten into rounds and press a walnut half into the centers. Chill until firm.
6. Toffee Marshmallows Melt 8 ounces chopped milk chocolate; dip jumbo marshmallows (one 10-ounce bag) partway in the chocolate, then sprinkle with toffee bits and chopped peanuts. Chill until firm.
7. S’mores Squares Melt 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate; spread on 12 graham cracker squares. Top with mini marshmallows. Chill until firm; break apart.
8. Hazelnut Brownies Crush 26 vanilla wafers and 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers in a food processor. Add 3/4 cup jarred dulce de leche, 8 ounces melted bittersweet chocolate and 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts; pulse until smooth. Press into a buttered, foil-lined 8-inch-square pan. Press 1/4 cup more nuts on top. Chill until firm, then cut into squares.
9. Pecan-Praline Brownies Make Hazelnut Brownies (No. 8), replacing the dulce de leche with butterscotch sauce and the hazelnuts with pecans. Press 1/2 cup toffee bits into the top along with the nuts.
10. Kettle Corn Brownies Make Hazelnut Brownies (No. 8), replacing the hazelnuts with crushed kettle corn. Top with 1/2 cup kettle corn instead of nuts.