- 1 loaf semolina or chewy bread, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 6 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, eyeball it
- 1 cup seafood stock, clam juice or chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup store-bought olive tapenade
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and toast until crusty all over, 10 minutes.
Heat about 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add anchovy paste and stir. Then add the shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and capers, cook for another 3 to 4 minutes more. Add wine and reduce a minute. Add stock and heat through. Then add the lemon juice, butter and parsley and stir, cooking for another minute.
Place bread into bowls and drizzle with remaining extra-virgin olive oil then top with shrimp and pan juices. Place a bowl out to collect tails.
Combine the tapenade and pesto and pour over arranged slices of tomatoes and red onions. Serve with shrimp bread bowls.