Andouille Sausage Corn Fritters
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely diced andouille sausage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cayenne, paprika, salt, pepper and sugar. Add the sausage, corn, eggs, milk and thyme. Stir in the melted butter and combine well.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and evenly coat the pan. Ladle 2 to 3 ounces of batter into the pan and shape into a mini pancake. Repeat to fill the pan. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side. Repeat with remaining batter. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.