Hot Punch (Ponche)
- 1 pound guava, quartered
- 2 cups 1-inch-diced pineapple
- 8 ounces crabapples, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup prunes
- Three 3- to 4-inch pieces sugarcane, each cut in strips
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut in eighths
- Four 2-inch pieces Mexican cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 to 10 shots tequila
In a large pot, place the guava, pineapple, crabapples, raisins, prunes, sugarcane, apples, cinnamon, sugar and 8 cups water. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve hot in a mug that has a shot of tequila in it.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.