Braised Lettuce and Peas
- 1 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium heads butter lettuce, washed, core removed, leaves halved and thinly sliced crosswise (Boston or bibb)
- 2 cups frozen baby peas
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add shallots, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle flour over the top and cook until raw taste is gone, about 30 seconds. Add stock and bring to a boil. Stir in lettuce and peas, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lettuce and peas are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in yogurt or sour cream, if using. Taste, adjust seasoning as desired, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Braised Clams in Parsley Broth, Peas and Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Fried Capers, Fresh Tuna and Butter Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil, Warm Butter Lettuce Salad With Hazelnuts, Roasted Beet Recipes, Spinach Recipes, Roasted Potato Recipes, Roasted Broccoli Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Stuffing Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.