- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 7 ounces marzipan
- Blueberry Tequila Filling, recipe follows
- Acai Berry Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced almonds, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a regular-size cupcake pan with 18 cupcake liners.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add the sifted dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add the oil until fine crumbs are formed. Add the eggs, heavy cream, milk, and almond extract and mix on low speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape the bowl and paddle, and then mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter and bake until baked through, about 20 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time. Cool the cupcakes completely after baking.
Roll out the marzipan evenly to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out 12 (2 1/2-inch) round disks using a cookie cutter.
To assemble, core each cupcake with an apple corer to create a pocket for the filling. Put the Blueberry Tequila Filling into a pastry bag and cut 1/2-inch off the tip. Fill each cupcake with the filling. Place 1 marzipan disk on top of each cupcake. Put the Acai Berry Cream Cheese Frosting into a pastry bag and cut 1/2-inch off the tip. Pipe the frosting on top of the marzipan disk in a circular motion. Garnish with thinly sliced almonds on top and serve.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Blueberry Tequila Filling:
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon key lime juice
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until combined.
Acai Berry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 18 ounces cream cheese
- 9 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup acai berry syrup
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add the acai berry syrup and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed until incorporated and creamy.