- 1 (7-ounce) pouch albacore tuna, drained well and shredded by hand
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- Olive oil, for sauteing
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Place the tuna, onions, mustard, eggs, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs into a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Divide the mixture into 8 rounds and set aside on a parchment lined half sheet pan. Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Place the remaining bread crumbs into a pie plate. One at a time, coat each round in the panko on all sides.
Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the croquettes and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack set over a half sheet pan lined with paper towels. Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown, 2008