1. Creamy Soup Simmer one 15-ounce can pumpkin, 2 cups chicken broth, 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, whisking, 5 minutes.
2. Apple-Bacon Soup Make Creamy Pumpkin Soup (No. 1); add 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Cook 1 cubed apple in butter until soft. Top the soup with the apple and crumbled cooked bacon.
3. Curried Soup Make Creamy Pumpkin Soup (No. 1), omitting the pumpkin pie spice. Toast 2 tablespoons curry powder in 1 tablespoon butter; add to the soup along with the juice of 2 limes. Top with plain yogurt and cilantro.
4. Chili Brown 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped bell pepper and 1 1/2 pounds ground beef in oil in a pot. Stir in one 15-ounce can each pumpkin, diced fire-roasted tomatoes and black beans (drained), and 2 cups water. Add 2 tablespoons each chili powder and adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chiles). Simmer 30 minutes.
5. Pasta Alfredo Saute 10 sage leaves in 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in 1 cup each pumpkin and cream, and a pinch of nutmeg; simmer 5 minutes. Toss with 12 ounces cooked pasta. Top with grated parmesan.
6. Risotto Saute 1 chopped onion and 10 sage leaves in olive oil in a saucepan. Stir in 2 cups arborio rice. Stir in 1/2 cup white wine until absorbed. Gradually add 6 cups chicken broth, stirring until absorbed; whisk in 3/4 cup pumpkin. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 cup grated parmesan.
7. Risotto Cakes Mix 2 cups cold leftover Pumpkin Risotto (No. 6) with 1/2 cup grated parmesan; shape into small patties. Dredge in flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs; chill 20 minutes. Cook in olive oil in a hot skillet until crisp.
8. Quesadillas Mix 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle chiles). Spread on 2 flour tortillas; sprinkle with grated cheddar and top each with another tortilla. Cook in a hot buttered skillet until golden. Cut into wedges.
9. Polenta Combine 4 cups water, 1 cup pumpkin and 2 bay leaves in a pot; bring to a simmer. Whisk in 1 cup polenta and cook, whisking, until creamy, 20 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup grated parmesan. Top with crumbled gorgonzola.
10. Fried Polenta Make Pumpkin Polenta (No. 9); pour into a loaf pan and chill overnight. Cut into slices, dust with flour and cook in a hot oiled skillet until crisp.