- 1/2 pound bacon, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 (16-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 cup Ed's BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle beer
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add onions, garlic, ginger, and peppers and cook until soft. Add dry mustard and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beans, BBQ sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and beans. Stir and simmer on stove for 2 hours (or bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour). Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.