Black Pepper-Basil Farmer's Cheese Bruschetta with Tomato
- 8 ounces fresh farmer's cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for bread
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, plus more for bread and garnish
- 8 slices French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Place cheese, basil, and lemon zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse 2 times to incorporate.
Heat grill to high. Brush bread with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and rub with garlic cloves. Grill bread on each side for 1 minute or until slightly charred. Spread each slice with some of the farmer's cheese mixture and top with tomato and more cracked black pepper.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence