- 8 ounces fresh farmer's cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for bread
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, plus more for bread and garnish
- 8 slices French baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Place cheese, basil, and lemon zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse 2 times to incorporate.
Heat grill to high. Brush bread with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and rub with garlic cloves. Grill bread on each side for 1 minute or until slightly charred. Spread each slice with some of the farmer's cheese mixture and top with tomato and more cracked black pepper.