Grilled Clams on the Half Shell with Bacon, Garlic, and Hot Pepper
- 32 littleneck clams on the half shell
- 1/4 -pound bacon, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill to high.
Place a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until lightly golden brown. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp. Remove from the heat, stir in the olive oil, parsley, and bread crumbs and season with black pepper, to taste.
Top clams with bacon mixture and place on the grill. Grill for about 1 minute or until just cooked through. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay