Grilled Japanese Eggplant
- 4 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place eggplant in a large shallow baking dish. Mix together the soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the eggplant and let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. Preheat grill. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper to taste and grill on each side for 3 minutes, basting occasionally with the remaining marinade. Serve topped with the toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay