Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Mango Chimichurri
- Mango Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 ripe mango, finely diced
- Rib Eye Steak:
- One 1 1/2 to 2-inch-thick well-marbled rib eye steak
- Canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook's Note: Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking.
Preheat the grill to high.
For the mango chimichurri: Pulse the cilantro, parsley, mint and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add in the oil, vinegar, honey and paprika, and salt and pepper, to taste. Continue pulsing to make a soupy vinaigrette (it will look a bit creamy until it settles), pouring in more oil and/or vinegar if too thick. Transfer the chimichurri to a glass bowl and fold in the diced mango. Set aside.
For the rib eye steak: Brush the steak with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the steaks and continue grilling 5 to 6 minutes longer. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
Top each steak with a large dollop of the Mango Chimichurri and serve.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian