Hibiscus Tea Sangria
- 3 hibiscus tea bags, such as Republic of Tea
- 2 bottles sauvignon blanc (make sure the description is full of grapefruit and citrus scents)
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 1/4 cups pisco
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and cut into small dice
- 1 small orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup raspberries or blackberries, or a mixture of both
- Ice, for serving
Bring 18 ounces of cold water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove the bags and discard.
Pour the wine into a large container or pitcher. Add the tea, grapefruit juice, pisco, half of the diced mango and all of the orange slices. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, add the remaining diced mango and the berries. Serve very cold over ice.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay