Lobster Claw and Potato Salad with Horseradish-Mustard Dressing
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 16 lobster claws, steamed and meat coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups good-quality prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green part
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Place potatoes in a large pot of salted cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until just cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes, but varies based on size of potatoes. Drain, let cool slightly, and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Combine the potatoes and lobster in a large bowl.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, and garlic in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potato-lobster mixture and stir gently until combined. Fold in the scallions and tarragon and re-season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee