Peel and Eat BBQ Shrimp
- 1/4 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (21 to 24 count) large shrimp, shell on
- 6 cloves coarsely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- Special equipment: wooden skewers, soaked in water for about 25 minutes
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Place the shrimp in a large bowl, add the spice rub and stir well to coat each shrimp.
Heat your grill to high.
Skewer 1/2 the shrimp and place on a grill pan to cook until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in half of the green onions and transfer to a large platter or turnout onto brown paper bags. Wipe out the pan with paper towels, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, 2007
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller