Roasted Oysters in Beer with Home-Made Hot Sauce
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles dark beer
- 2 clean, white dish towels
- 28 oysters, preferably from the East coast, scrubbed well
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Home-made Hot Sauce, recipe follows
- Home-made Hot Sauce:
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper puree
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and place a large baking pan in the center of the oven.
Pour 2 bottles of the beer in a large bowl, add the towels and soak them until completely saturated, lightly wring dry.
When the pan is very hot, carefully add the remaining bottle of beer and the oysters in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, cover them with the wet towels and roast in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until all of the oysters have opened, discarding any that do not. Serve, with the Home-made Hot Sauce on the side.Home-made Hot Sauce:
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay