Russian Dressing Slaw
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 6 green onions, green and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
Whisk together the ketchup, mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seeds, paprika, and some salt and pepper.
Put the cabbage, carrot, green onions and Spanish onions in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.