Smoked Salmon Hash with Dill Vinaigrette
- Dill Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces center cut cold-smoked salmon fillet
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 12 ounces steamed Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 tablespoons salmon caviar
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
For the vinaigrette: place vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified. Transfer the vinaigrette to a bowl or squeeze bottle.
For the hash: Bring 4 cups of water to a simmer in a medium saute pan, add the salmon and poach until just cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove the salmon, flake with a fork and transfer the mixture to medium bowl. Add the roasted pepper, potatoes, horseradish, salt and pepper and dill and gently mix until combined.
Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick saute pan over high heat. Add the hash mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown and crisp all over. Divide the hash among 4 plates and top each with a poached egg and a tablespoon of salmon caviar. Drizzle with the dill vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh dill.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Salmon Hash with Sunny Side Up Eggs, Hot Smoked Salmon with Salad of Apples, Dried Cherries, Hazelnuts and Greens and Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Smoked Salmon Pizza (a la Wolfgang), Anchovy, Caviar, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Salmon Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.