- 1¼ cups (150 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (56 g) soy flour
- 1 cup (40 g) bran flake cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup raisins
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) soy milk
- ½ cup (120 ml) egg substitute or 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy oil
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C ). Lightly coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with paper baking cups.
2. Combine whole wheat flour, soy flour, flake cereal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and raisins in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Place milk, eggs, oil, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
4. Select Variable 1.
5. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
6. Blend for 10 seconds.
7. Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
8. Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, low cholesterol