Cajun Caviar Marinated Salad
- 3 cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups salad oil
- 1 -ounce minced garlic
- 2 ounces honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 French baguette loaf, cut into croustades
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Combine the black-eyed peas, onions, peppers and 1/2 of the cilantro in a large serving bowl.
Add the lime juice, oil, garlic, honey, salt and cumin to blender and blend until emulsified. Add the dressing to the pea mixture and toss gently. Refrigerate overnight.
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello