- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 small fresh jalapeno chili, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the corn, beans, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight to combine flavors.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Angela Shelf Medearis