Chilled Tomato Soup
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 3 cups very cold tomato juice
- 2/3 cup very cold sour cream, regular or low fat
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup chilled seeded, peeled and diced Kirby cucumber
- 2 cups chilled cantaloupe balls or small dice
- Few slices of avocado
Whisk the green onion, tomato juice, sour cream, lemon zest and juice together. Season with salt and pepper and chill until dinner time. Chill cucumber and cantaloupe dice separately. Right before serving, combine the tomato juice mixture with the cucumber and cantaloupe, adjust the seasoning and serve with slices of fresh avocado.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.