Scallops with Mint Chutney
- 2 bunches fresh mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, stemmed, seeded and ribs removed
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops, cleaned
Pat the scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook the scallops until a golden brown crust forms, are just cooked through and release easily from the pan, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve the scallops topped with chutney.
What Make This Recipe Really Sing: The heat of the chiles and the sweetness of the coconut and scallops give this dish great balance. When in season, try to find bay scallops, you will be surprised how sweet they are.
Recipe courtesy of Claire Robinson, 2010